Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. At no cost to you, I might earn a small commission if you make a purchase through the links in this article.
Hollywood Beach Boardwalk is a 2.5-mile pedestrian promenade along the palm-fringed Hollywood Beach that offers fantastic views of South Florida Coast. The area has a designated path for walkers, a bicycle lane, and a jogging path.
The area boasts tons of stores, cafes and restaurants where you can enjoy everything from pizza to tacos and gourmet meals. Whether you want to go for a swim, explore the local restaurant scene, rent a bike or beach gear, this is one of the most happening places in South Florida.
Where is Hollywood Beach Boardwalk?
Hollywood Beach Boardwalk is located along the Atlantic Ocean in South Florida. The Boardwalk is part of Hollywood, a city on the southeast coast of the state, that’s between Fort Lauderdale and Miami.
Just to the north of Hollywood Beach, you can find Hallandale Beach and Dania Beach.
Hollywood Beach Boardwalk Map
Key features of the Hollywood Boardwalk:
- Beach Activities: The promenade offers access to the beautiful Hollywood Beach, where visitors can swim, sunbathe, play beach volleyball, and enjoy water sports.
✅ BouYah Watersports along Hollywood Beach Boardwalk offers jet ski rentals and banana rides.
- Biking and Jogging: The wide boardwalk is ideal for biking, and jogging, so if you want to stay in shape while on vacation, you should advantage of the space for your daily exercise routines.
- Dining and Entertainment: Along the Hollywood Boardwalk, you’ll find a range of restaurants, cafes, and bars offering a variety of cuisines and live music, making it a perfect entertainment spot.
- Shops and Boutiques: The boardwalk is dotted with shops and boutiques where you can find souvenirs, beachwear, and tasty treats like ice cream and sweets.
- Events and Festivals: the Hollywood Boardwalk hosts various events and festivals, including live music, art shows, and food events, adding to the festive atmosphere.
- Oceanfront Hotels: Several hotels like Hotel Sheldon, Hollywood Beach Marriott, and Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort are located along the boardwalk, making it a convenient location for tourists and visitors.
Hollywood Florida Boardwalk shops
- Beachwear and souvenir shops: You’ll find various stores selling beachwear, swimwear, hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen to help you enjoy the beach.
- Restaurants and cafes: Numerous eateries along Hollywood Beach offer a variety of cuisines like Mexican, Peruvian, Italian, and American.
- Art Galleries and Boutiques: The boardwalk often features local art galleries and boutique shops, showcasing unique artwork, jewelry, and gifts.
- Bicycle and rollerblade rentals: Since the boardwalk is a great spot for biking and you can rent a bike in several shops throughout the area including Hollywood Beach Trikke, The Bike Shack, and Sun&Fun Cycles.
- Beach equipment rentals: If you need beach chairs, umbrellas, or other equipment for a day at the beach, you can find rental shops along the boardwalk. Sky Beach Chair Rentals offers great beach gear rentals.
Where does Hollywood Beach Boardwalk start and end?
The southernmost point of the boardwalk is near the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and State Road A1A (also known as Ocean Drive). From there, it extends northward along the coastline for approximately 2.5 miles (about 4 km).
The northern end of the Boardwalk is around Sheridan Street and North Ocean Drive (A1A). Here, the paved path transitions into a sandy beach area.
✅ Learn about the best restaurants in Deerfield Beach
Hollywood Beach Parking
- Metered Street Parking: You can find plenty of metered parking spots along the streets near Hollywood Beach. Check the parking meters for rates and time restrictions to avoid fines.
- Public Parking Lots: Hollywood Beach has several public parking lots where visitors can park their vehicles for a fee. To pay for your parking spot, download the app indicated on the sign or do it through a website.
- Parking Garages: A few parking garages near Hollywood Beach offer short-term and long-term parking options like Hollywood Beach Parking Garage and Garfield Garage.
- Valet Parking: Some restaurants and big hotels, like Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort might offer valet parking services, especially if you plan to dine in or spend a night there.
Can you snorkel at Hollywood Beach Florida?
About 175 yards off the shore of Hollywood North Beach Park are several two- to four-foot ledges. As one of the deeper snorkeling sites in Fort Lauderdale at 13 to 20 feet deep, this hidden gem boasts views of tropical fish, barracuda, tarpon, and even nurse sharks!
What is Hollywood Florida known for?
Hollywood is a laid-back destination that’s home to some of the best beaches in South Florida. It boasts seven miles of the pristine coastline with clear water and promenade where you can find plenty of stores, restaurants and cafes.
What is the famous street in Hollywood Florida?
The historic and commercial business district of Hollywood is concentrated along Hollywood Boulevard and Harrison Street.
How long is the boardwalk at Hollywood Beach?
Hollywood Beach Broadwalk is a brick-paved promenade that stretches nearly 2.5 miles along the Atlantic Ocean.
Why is it called Hollywood Broadwalk?
Hollywood, Florida was founded in 1925 by developer Joseph Young, who gave the new city its moniker after living in Hollywood, California. But unlike the name suggests, it never consisted of boards. It was built with coral rock from the Intracoastal Waterway, and later paved over with asphalt.
What are the rules for Hollywood Beach 2023?
Umbrellas, tents, or canopies may not exceed 10 feet and must be spaced 10 feet apart. Fireworks, fires, and barbecues are not permitted on the beach or Broadwalk. Dogs are not allowed on the Broadwalk but can take a swim at Dog Beach between Sheridan St. and Dania Beach Blvd.
Here are additional rules for Hollywood Beach:
- Scooters and motorized vehicles are prohibited on the boardwalk
- Skateboards are prohibited on the boardwalk and parks
- Bicycling is permitted only along designated bike paths
✅ Read: Fort Lauderdale in December
HOLLYWOOD BEACH BOARDWALK THINGS TO DO:
Whether you want to explore the restaurant scene, enjoy a live concert at Hollywood Beach Theater or just have a lazy beach day with a Margarita in your hand, there are plenty of things to do along the boardwalk.
- Rent a bicycle: There’s no better way to explore the boardwalk than by bicycle. You can rent a bicycle at one of the shops along the promenade, like The Bike Shack, Hollywood Beach Trikke, and Sun & Fun Cycles.
- Enjoy sunbathing: Hollywood is known for one of the best beaches along South Florida coastline. Arrive early to snag a good spot, especially during the weekend. You can also rent cabanas, chairs, or umbrellas from one of the shops along the promenade. The beach has lifeguards on duty, and the water is turquoise and clean.
- Take a break at Charnow Park: A public park right along the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk where you can relax and take a break after running or bike riding. The park has outdoor showers, bathrooms, seating areas, and restrooms.
- Kayak or paddle board: There’s no better way to explore Hollywood Beach than by taking a leisurely kayak or paddle board ride. You can also enjoy various water sports like snorkeling, diving or playing beach volleyball.
- Go for some snorkeling: Hollywood Beach is an excellent spot for snorkeling thanks to its pristine waters.
- Grab tacos: There are several places along Hollywood Beach where you can grab delicious tacos and drinks at the Latitiudes, Las Mamasitas, or the Taco Joint.
- Enjoy a show at Hollywood Beach Theatre: If you want to enjoy a show or live performance, check out this outdoor venue along the boardwalk, where you can watch live concerts.
- Anne Kolb Nature Center: Explore the natural beauty of South Florida at the Anne Kolb Nature Center. This 1,500-acre coastal mangrove wetland offers hiking, birdwatching, and eco-tours, perfect for experiencing the local wildlife and ecosystems.
HOLLYWOOD BEACH RESTAURANTS
From unpretentious tacos joints, to classic Italian restaurants and Peruvian eateries, the boardwalk has plenty of food options.
- GG’s Waterfront Bar and Grill: Known for its waterfront dining with a view of the Intracoastal Waterway, GG’s offers a diverse menu with seafood and classic American dishes.
- Le Tub Saloon: A quirky and famous burger joint, Le Tub sits just off the boardwalk and offers delicious burgers, a laid-back atmosphere and a top-notch service.
- Hollywood Beach Cafe: A cozy local spot for breakfast and brunch, offering various omelets, pancakes, and breakfast sandwiches. It also has a full bar.
- Ocean Alley Restaurant & Beach Bar: This restaurant has a relaxed beachfront setting and offers a menu featuring seafood, salads, and sandwiches.
- Taco Beach Shack: A casual Mexican eatery with outdoor seating, serving tacos, burritos, and other Mexican favorites.
- Nick’s Bar & Grill: A popular spot for seafood and American cuisine, with a lively bar atmosphere and ocean views.
- Sugar Reef Grill: Offering Caribbean-inspired dishes and seafood, this restaurant provides a unique dining experience on the beach.
Best breakfast on Hollywood Beach Boardwalk
Cafe Club, The Latitudes and Giorgio’s Bakery & Bistro offer the best breakfast options along Hollywood Beach. These local restaurants offer savory menu options and the unbeatable beachfront setting.
BEST THINGS TO DO IN HOLLYWOOD FLORIDA
- Hollywood Downtown: Wander through Hollywood’s downtown area, filled with boutiques, restaurants, cafes, and galleries. The area hosts frequent events, making it a lively place to explore.
- Hollywood Boardwalk: Take a stroll or rent a bike to enjoy the Hollywood Boardwalk, a seaside promenade with shops, eateries, and live entertainment options.
- Arts and Culture: Check out local art galleries, theaters, and cultural venues like Art and Culture Center/Hollywood or Hollywood Central Performing Arts Center for engaging performances and exhibitions.
- Hollywood Trolley: Hop on the Hollywood Trolley for a convenient and enjoyable way to explore the city. It connects various attractions and points of interest throughout Hollywood.
- Hollywood Brewing Company: If you’re a fan of craft beer, visit Hollywood Brewing Company to taste some local brews and enjoy a laid-back atmosphere.
- Flamingo Gardens: Just a short drive from Hollywood, Flamingo Gardens offers a botanical garden, wildlife sanctuary, and a chance to see Florida’s wildlife up close.
Why visit Hollywood Florida:
- Beautiful Beaches: Hollywood boasts several miles of pristine beaches with soft white sand and clear blue waters. The boardwalk is a major attraction where visitors can enjoy walking, biking, and rollerblading, a variety of restaurants, shops, and entertainment options.
- Diverse Cuisine: The city is known for its diverse culinary scene, offering a wide range of dining options from casual beachfront cafes to upscale restaurants. You can find various cuisines, including seafood, Latin American, and Caribbean dishes without having to go to places like Las Olas.
- Arts and Culture: Hollywood has a vibrant arts and culture scene, with art galleries, museums, and live performances. The ArtsPark at Young Circle is a popular gathering spot that hosts concerts, festivals, and other cultural events.
- Outdoor Activities: Beyond the beaches, Hollywood provides opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy parks, nature reserves, and recreational activities like kayaking, paddle boarding, and fishing.
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino: The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is a massive entertainment complex with a casino, live shows, restaurants, shopping, and more.
- Convenient Location: Hollywood is situated between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, making it a convenient base for exploring the broader South Florida.
- Annual Events: The city hosts various festivals and events throughout the year, such as the Hollywood Beach Latin Festival, the Hollywood Beach St. Patrick’s Day Parade, and the Hollywood Beach Candy Cane Parade during the holiday season.
HOLLYWOOD BEACH DIRECTIONS
From Miami International Airport (MIA):
- Head north on NW 21st St toward Miad Cir.
- Use the left lane to take the ramp onto FL-112 E (partial toll road).
- Continue onto FL-112 E/I-195 E (signs for Miami Beach/I-95 N).
- Merge onto I-95 N.
- Take exit 20 for Hollywood Blvd.
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Hollywood Blvd W, and merge onto Hollywood Blvd.
- Follow Hollywood Blvd until you reach the beach area.
From Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL):
- Head west on Terminal Dr.
- Keep left to continue on N Service Rd.
- Keep left to continue on Lower Terminal Dr.
- Continue straight onto Terminal Dr.
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn slightly left onto Local Roads/Arrivals.
- Use the right lane to merge onto US-1 S via the ramp to Dania Beach/Hollywood.
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto FL-818 W/Griffin Rd.
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto S Federal Hwy/US-1 S.
- Turn right onto FL-858 W/Sheridan St.
- Continue on Sheridan St until you reach the beach area. You will see signs for the boardwalk.
Where to stay along the boardwalk:
➡️ Budget: The Surf Hollywood Beach offers delicious breakfast and a spacious terrace where you can relax or read a book, after enjoying your time at the beach.
The condo hotel has free Wi-Fi and free private parking. Units have a desk, a flat-screen TV, a private bathroom, bed linen, and towels. Rooms also come with a microwave, a fridge, a stovetop, a coffee machine, and a kettle.
➡️ Mid-budget: Riptide is a beachfront hotel in Hollywood that has an on-site restaurant and island-themed bar.
Rooms have free Wi-Fi, a fully equipped kitchen, and cable TV. Some rooms have a view of the ocean view, and all rooms have a tea/coffee maker.
The hotel offers an amazing breakfast that you can get at an indoor and outdoor restaurant.
PRO TIP: You can take a trolley from downtown Hollywood to the Broadwalk, so even if you stay in a hotel away from the beach, you can get around quickly.
✅ Read my guide to the best hotels along Hollywood Beach
HOLLYWOOD BEACH BOARDWALK: FAQ’S
Is Hollywood Beach better than South Beach?
Hollywood Beach is reminiscent of what Florida beaches looked like back in the day with vintage buildings, local restaurants, and shops, while South Florida Beach is busier and more expensive.
How long is the Fort Lauderdale boardwalk?
Fort Lauderdale is a 2.2-mile pedestrian promenade that boasts dramatic coastal views of the beach.
Can you swim in Hollywood Beach Florida?
Yes, you can swim in Hollywood Beach, Florida. The beach boasts crystal-clear water that’s perfect for snorkeling, scuba diving, and other water activities.
Is Hollywood Beach Florida walkable?
Hollywood Boardwalk is a brick-lined pedestrian walkway that spans more than two miles along the beach. Along the way, you will find shops, restaurants, and motels, as well as, of course, the ocean on one side. It’s popular with walkers, runners, bicyclists, and rollerblades.
What is Hollywood Beach Florida known for?
Hollywood is home to more than 60 parks, seven golf courses, seven miles of pristine beaches, and the one-of-a-kind broadwalk that stretches 2.5 miles along the Atlantic Ocean.
Is Hollywood Beach Florida a nice area?
Considered one of the best places in Florida, Hollywood Beach boasts unique hotels, various dining & shopping options, sandy beaches, and world-class resorts.